I currently have positions available for NSERC or OGS funded graduate students. I do not currently have any positions available for students who are not funded by either NSERC or OGS. Please check back at this site periodically for announcements of available positions.


Send me an email with the following information:

  • Your current academic status, i.e. current degree, university, and GPA.
  • A copy of your most recent academic transcript (unofficial, electronic is OK).
  • If you are applying from outside of the country, please include proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, CABL, etc).
  • A statement indicating whether or not you currently meet the requirements for admissions into ECE, as described here.
  • A brief statement of your interests.


I currently have some available positions for undergraduate student research assistants. As a research assistant, you will become involved in the research environment, working directly with me and my graduate students. Typically, these positions start either on a volunteer basis, or with NSERC USRA funding, and they can eventually lead to a graduate degree.